noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A yellow crystalline pigment present in plants, used as a food supplement to reduce allergic responses or boost immunity.
More example sentences
- A flavone derivative; chemical formula: C15H10O7
- Due to the poor bioavailability of quercetin, this author utilizes a water-soluble quercetin analogue - quercetin chalcone.
- This reduction of quercetin potentially gives QC the same anticancer effects of quercetin with the hydrophilic effect of a chalcone.
- Green, red, and purple grapes all contain important plant chemicals, like quercetin and catechins.
mid 19th century: probably from Latin quercetum 'oak grove' (from quercus 'oak') + -in1.
More definitions of quercetinDefinition of quercetin in:
- The US English dictionary