Definition of quick-witted in English:
Showing or characterized by an ability to think or respond quickly and effectively: she was far too quick-witted to complain a quick-witted response
More example sentences
- And when that draws sarcastic comment from the management team, his ability to offer quick-witted retorts allows him to ride the banter as effortlessly as another lunge from a desperate defender.
- Undemonstrative, quick-witted, alert and intelligent: he has it all.
- Intellectually quick-witted and bright, with an abrasive edge, Reid did well in school.
alert, astute, perceptive, quick, quick-thinking, sharp-witted, sharp, shrewd, penetrating, discerning, perspicacious;
North American informalwhip-smart
- Example sentences
- But in football being sent off is easy; the difficult part is entertaining the public with skill, imagination and quick-wittedness.
- Quickskill suggests speed and dexterity, quick-wittedness, the ability to improvise on the spot.
- Wisdom is subdivided into good sense, good calculation, quick-wittedness, discretion, and resourcefulness.
Words that rhyme with quick-wittedhalf-witted, nitwitted, uncommitted, unfitted
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.