Definition of quota sample in English:
A sample taken from a stratified population by sampling until a pre-assigned quota in each stratum is represented.
- A randomized quota sample of drivers from the general population was used for the control group.
- The poll was conducted amongst a national quota sample of 1,000 voters at 100 sample points in all constituencies in the state last Monday and Tuesday.
- Each participating practice drew a quota sample of patients aged 18 and over from their practice list, excluding patients deemed inappropriate - for example, those likely to be distressed by being approached to take part in the study.
quota sampling noun
- Example sentences
- In particular, although the quota sampling and weighting ensured that our sample was demographically representative of London, the low response rate means that some bias may have affected our data.
- What kind of sampling strategy will you employ (e.g. probability sampling, quota sampling, theoretical sampling, convenience sampling)?
- Participants were recruited using quota sampling, which attempts to construct a representative sample without random selection.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia