- A handheld device used by traffic police to estimate the speed of a passing vehicle.More example sentences
- Although the radar gun of a police officer or state trooper may be jammed, most law enforcement officials are able to identify if a vehicle is speeding excessively, which can still result in a ticket.
- When a motorist is caught speeding using a hand-held radar gun, the garda shows the recorded speed on the hand device before issuing a ticket.
- She started to drive too fast and attracted the attention of a police officer with a radar gun.
More definitions of radar gunDefinition of radar gun in:
- The US English dictionary