Definition of radiobiology in English:
The branch of biology concerned with the effects of ionizing radiation on organisms and the application in biology of radiological techniques.
- After perusing the biology library at Berkeley regarding radiobiology, I found that there was much to learn about the field.
- Coincidentally with Muller's discovery in 1927 of the mutagenic effect of X rays, Vladimirovich started his long-term investigations of radiation genetics and radiobiology.
- During his specialist training he helped in the complex hyperbaric oxygen treatments and developed his lifelong interest in radiobiology and cancer research.
- Example sentences
- On the basis of microdosimetric and radiobiological considerations, it is assumed that high LET radiation could produce double-strand breaks with damaged end groups whose repairability would be low.
- Characterization of the radiation field and reduction of the background radiation from the reactor were essential tasks for these radiobiological experiments and have been described elsewhere.
- Although clinical trials have been performed in Asia, no detailed radiobiological studies have been reported.
- Example sentences
- A feature article highlighted a radiobiologist who is due to complete an investigation into depleted uranium for the Pentagon next year.
- Most radiobiologists have dismissed the much highlighted suggestion that soldiers exposed to depleted uranium in Kosovo in 1999 could already have developed leukaemia as a result.
- The noted radiobiologist and former Director of the National Cancer Institute led a subcommittee of the CRESP Peer Review Committee he chairs in issuing a review of the draft.
Definition of radiobiology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan