Definition of radiology in English:
The science dealing with X-rays and other high-energy radiation, especially the use of such radiation for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- This article describes some of these applications in radiology and cardiology and discusses the potential of microbubbles for therapy.
- Experts in anaesthesiology, pathology, gynaecology and radiology are particularly in demand.
- They also went round the departments of radiology, nuclear medicine and cath lab.
- Example sentences
- The history, physical examination and radiologic evaluation should be adequate for determining whether orthopedic referral is indicated.
- MRI is the radiologic test of choice because it demonstrates most significant meniscal tears.
- A detailed physical examination and radiologic workup failed to reveal a primary tumor elsewhere.
Words that rhyme with radiologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of radiology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.