- 1A bag in which scraps of fabric and old clothes are kept for use.More example sentences
- They were made from second-hand jute burlap and scraps of fabric pulled from ragbags and storage bins.
- 1.1A miscellaneous collection of things: a ragbag of reforms is now being discussedMore example sentences
jumble, hotchpotch, hodgepodge, mishmash, mess, confusion, hash, pastiche, farrago; assortment, mixture, miscellany, medley, motley, motley collection, mixed bag, melange, mix, blend, variety, diversity, collection, selection, assemblage, combination, conglomeration, pot-pourri
- Somebody appears to have gone to an immense amount of trouble to assemble a ragbag of every kind of mumbo-jumbo and superstition; a great waste of time, in my opinion.
- And we remain deeply sceptical about a ragbag of other provisions, including the proposed new offence of incitement to religious hatred, all unnecessarily swept into a package of emergency legislation.
- My memory is a ragbag of half-remembered lines, half-forgotten verses, a disorganised anthology in which the phrase ‘and rum-ti-tum’ constantly recurs.