- A pink-flowered European campion of damp grassland, with divided petals that give it a tattered appearance.
More example sentences
- Lychnis flos-cuculi, family Caryophyllaceae
- Alongside miles of rivers and streams its dense growth is overshadowing native wild flowers such as ragged robin, purple loosestrife, marsh woundwart and meadow cranesbill.
- Clark got his own genus too - Clarkia pulchella, the ragged robin, collected on June 1, 1806, by Lewis.
- With the onset of summer there's the cow parsley, poppies, honeysuckle, wild roses, speedwell, ragged robin and foxgloves.