- 1A track made of steel rails along which trains run: [as modifier]: a railway line a railway stationMore example sentences
- Trains running along the busy railway line were halted during the afternoon and evening.
- Fields around Horwich are flooded in places, and all along the railway line to Bolton acres of land are seen under water.
- Highworth Town Council is backing calls for a cycle route along the disused railway line.
- 2A network of tracks with the trains, organization, and personnel required for its working: the carriage of freight on the railwaysMore example sentences
- Representatives from the railway network attended a special award ceremony at the Romford Dog Stadium.
- I guess we all knew that the railway network was out of control financially, and riddled with inefficiencies.
- The new Eastern Region will operate and maintain the railway network across one-third of the country.
More definitions of railwayDefinition of railway in:
- The US English dictionary