- (Especially in the US) a political alliance of several different groups, representing social, ethnic, and other minorities.More example sentences
- Fine Gael has already indicated that it would be willing to negotiate a pact with Sinn Fein and that could result in a rainbow coalition involving Fine Gael, Labour, Sinn Fein and two others.
- The rainbow coalition of minorities had now turned against their erstwhile patron.
- What we lack is leadership, not a rainbow coalition.
More definitions of rainbow coalitionDefinition of rainbow coalition in:
- The US English dictionary