- 1The fall of rain: wildebeest sense distant rainfall [count noun]: the absorption of further supplies from rainfallsMore example sentences
- The officials said that if the plum rains bring disappointing rainfalls in the south, leaving farmland fallow in the summer would be the only way to prevent drought conditions.
- It is understood, though, that despite the plenitude of the Windhoek area, there are areas which have seen only lightning and experienced the cooling breeze of distant rainfalls.
- Heavy rainfalls which have fallen intermittently in the Maluti and Mount Fletcher areas since Sunday have left vast destruction in their wake.
- 1.1The quantity of rain falling within a given area in a given time: low rainfallMore example sentences
- Usually areas of high rainfall have a low pH and areas of low rainfall have a high pH.
- The rainfall in the lower areas had not been abnormal and they had no way of knowing of the torrential rains higher up.
- Meyer was interested especially in plants that would flourish in areas of low rainfall.
More definitions of rainfallDefinition of rainfall in:
- The US English dictionary