adjective (rainier, rainiest)
(Of weather, a period, or an area) having or characterized by considerable rainfall: a rainy afternoon
More example sentences
- I'm in Houston and we got our first bit of cold, rainy winter weather this week.
- What better way to spend a rainy holiday summer afternoon in Salcombe or Lowestoft?
- The rainy weather definitely seems to have moved on as it is sunny this morning.
a rainy day
- Used in reference to a possible time in the future when money will be needed: putting money by for a rainy dayMore example sentences
- Where it is expensive, consider saving that extra money to protect against a rainy day.
- ISAs are probably the best way for us to save money for a rainy day, build up a nest egg and save for the long term.
- We all know that we should have some money put away for a rainy day.
- Example sentences
- Actually, the rumours of Seattle raininess have been highly exaggerated.
Words that rhyme with rainyBahraini, brainy, Chaney, Eugénie, grainy, Janey, Khomeini, veiny, waney, zany
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.