Characterized by bitterness or resentment: sixteen miserable months of rancorous disputes a rancorous debate
More example sentences
- It seems to be aiming for a modern Catcher in the Rye with its sardonic, rancorous, troubled kid character.
- He would often describe his wartime experiences in caustic, funny terms that would turn bitter and rancorous.
- There were rancorous battles over pronunciation.
bitter, spiteful, hateful, resentful, acrimonious, malicious, malevolent, malign, malignant, hostile, antipathetic, venomous, poisonous, vindictive, evil-intentioned, ill-natured, baleful, vengeful, vitriolic, virulent, pernicious, mean, nasty
- Example sentences
- In the 1970s, his parents moved from the country's eastern region to settle in Camden, then separated rancorously when he was six.
- Among those critics, none has been more rancorously unreflective the former Health Secretary.
- Viewers often end up thinking that there is no solution to the problem because the two sides are so rancorously polarised.
Words that rhyme with rancorouscankerous, cantankerous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.