noun[mass noun] • informal
- Worry on the part of a person driving an electric car that the battery will run out of power before the destination or a suitable charging point is reached: range anxiety is often cited as the most important reason why many are reluctant to buy electric carsMore example sentences
- The forthcoming advancements in battery technology, charging stations and electric vehicles are likely to diminish range anxiety among EV drivers.
- "I think people would buy more electric cars if there was more charging infrastructure, and that would really help remove any range anxiety they have."
- Range anxiety and sticker price is a huge obstacle for EVs.
More definitions of range anxietyDefinition of range anxiety in:
- The US English dictionary