- A needle-shaped crystal of calcium oxalate occurring in clusters within the tissues of certain plants.More example sentences
- Occasionally, calcium oxalate raphide or druse crystals were observed in this tissue.
- The callus consists largely of parenchyma with raphides and is supplied by eight to ten collateral bundles.
- In monocots, calcium oxalate is most often laid down and usually as bundles of needle-shaped crystals known as raphides.
mid 19th century: via French from Greek rhaphis, rhaphid- 'needle'.
More definitions of raphideDefinition of raphide in:
- The US English dictionary