Harsh-sounding and unpleasant; grating: his cracked, rasping voice narrates the story
More example sentences
- Lou turns, sucking in throatfuls of rasping reality.
- I just opened my mouth to try and speak and all that I could manage was a rasping croak.
- Rich made a rasping sound in his throat vaguely like the creaking of bed springs, followed by a lewd slurping noise.
- Example sentences
- Some of the columnists' appointments seem to presage the adoption of a tone even more raspingly ideological.
- It was there, in a restaurant just off the main high street, that I tasted my first Portuguese table wine: a sharp, slightly fizzy white wine that was raspingly dry.
- Its extreme heat and raspingly dry climate has sent many an enterprising winemaker packing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.