- The basic material from which a product is made: these could be used as raw material • figurative the raw material of creativity [count noun]: the cost of raw materials and labourMore example sentences
- This nation has been built almost on the export of raw materials and animal products.
- Oil is used as a raw material in products ranging from plastics to paints.
- They will also be helped to obtain raw materials and market their products.
More definitions of raw materialDefinition of raw material in:
- The US English dictionary