Definition of reactivate in English:
Restore (something) to a state of activity; bring back into action: the government announced measures to reactivate the economy the committee was reactivated
More example sentences
- John Smyth, a spokesman, says the movement is reactivating its base.
- I think that Alison's portrait reactivates this dormant aspect of Trafalgar Square.
- The systems are reactivated when the handset is out of range.
- Example sentences
- But don't forget North Korea, which has just announced the reactivation of its Yongbyon nuclear plant.
- The reactivation of dormant genes in fossil lineages after long time periods is considered a likely evolutionary mechanism.
- The volcano began showing signs of reactivation in late 1984.
Definition of reactivate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia