Definition of rebbetzin in English:
1The wife of a rabbi.
- Our rebbetzin (rabbi's wife) knew that both of us were single.
- We telephoned our rabbi and rebbetzin back home in Eugene, Oregon.
- Only the rebbetzin still comes, she knits beside her husband's bed; wife and husband do not always, Kreutzer knows, need words.
2A female religious teacher.
- The Ruchama Project is also dedicated to the memory of Elana Rosenblatt, a 28-year-old mother of four and an Aish rebbetzin in London, on August 8, 2001.
- That's okay, I though you had to be a lot older and grayer and at least have a few grandchildren to be a real rebbetzin anyway!
- Elana Rosenblatt, a 28-year-old Aish rebbetzin in London, recently passed away from cancer.
Yiddish, feminine of rebbe (see rebbe).
Definition of rebbetzin in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.