noun[mass noun] Metallurgy
- A temporary rise in temperature during cooling of a metal, caused by a change in crystal structure.More example sentences
- Kelton suspected that the first recalescence signaled the formation of the alloy's metastable icosahedral phase, followed five seconds later by the formation of the C14 Laves phase.
- The recalescence point is lower than the decalescence point by anywhere from 85 to 215 degrees F.
- I showed that recalescence and the disappearance of magnetisability in iron and steel occurred at about the same temperature.
- More example sentences
- The wound becomes toughened with a light ordering that is recalescent.
- When the recalescent event was recognized in the pre-set temperature range, power was automatically switched off.
More definitions of recalescenceDefinition of recalescence in:
- The US English dictionary