Definition of recapitalize in English:
Provide (a business) with more capital, especially by replacing debt with stock: a plan to recapitalize the state-owned airline
More example sentences
- And I do believe that the Fed is confident (especially after the early 1990s experience) that any banking system problem can be resolved by recapitalizing the industry (either directly or through cheap borrowings).
- He offered to lend them money to repurchase the shares and recapitalise the business.
- That type of undertaking means anything from radical changes in strategy to trimming product lines, selling non-core assets or businesses, recapitalizing foreign subsidiaries, realigning management, or selling the entire company.
- Example sentences
- Meanwhile, the Italian government has earmarked 750 million euros in its 2005 budget for the company's recapitalization.
- ‘We are exploring a whole range of alternatives, from recapitalization to selling everything,’ he says.
- A private guarantor would do this by identifying and forcing the recapitalization of troubled institutions as soon as they weaken.
Definition of recapitalize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan