1A room in a hotel or other building used for functions such as parties and meetings.
- Friends, relatives from both families and special guests filled the reception room at the Amari Orchid Resort Hotel, celebrating the joyous occasion.
- Its large reception room was used for meetings, dances and most other community activities.
- At the main entrance, the reception and the primary waiting area flow into a larger reception room, which doubles as a presentation, exhibition, and event space.
1.1British A room in a private house suitable for entertaining visitors: mews house, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, shower room, 2 reception rooms, kitchen
More example sentences
- The guest apartment consists of three bedrooms, one reception room, a kitchen and a bathroom.
- This residence was designed to accommodate a growing family but also to have elegant reception rooms suitable for entertainment.
- As well as four bedrooms, it boasts two bathrooms, three reception rooms and a family room, as well as assorted halls, pantries and studies.
Definition of reception room in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.