Definition of reception room in English:
1A room in a hotel or other building used for functions such as parties and meetings.
- Friends, relatives from both families and special guests filled the reception room at the Amari Orchid Resort Hotel, celebrating the joyous occasion.
- Its large reception room was used for meetings, dances and most other community activities.
- At the main entrance, the reception and the primary waiting area flow into a larger reception room, which doubles as a presentation, exhibition, and event space.
1.1British A room in a private house suitable for entertaining visitors: mews house, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, shower room, 2 reception rooms, kitchen
More example sentences
- The guest apartment consists of three bedrooms, one reception room, a kitchen and a bathroom.
- This residence was designed to accommodate a growing family but also to have elegant reception rooms suitable for entertainment.
- As well as four bedrooms, it boasts two bathrooms, three reception rooms and a family room, as well as assorted halls, pantries and studies.
Definition of reception room in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan