noun[mass noun] Photography
- Deviation of an emulsion from the principle that the degree of darkening is constant for a given product of light intensity and exposure time, typically at very low or very high light intensities.More example sentences
- The next fact is that you also do not need to know anything about shutter speeds, zoom lenses, reciprocity failure or the like.
- Now if you have read about time exposures you will have come across the phrase ‘reciprocity failure’ with long time exposures.
- Those of you who have read books and magazines will have read about ‘reciprocity failure’ with long time exposures.
More definitions of reciprocity failureDefinition of reciprocity failure in:
- The US English dictionary