(Chiefly of a plant or animal species) colonize (a region or habitat) again: a setback to the peregrine’s attempts to recolonize this part of Scotland
More example sentences
- This week he looks at the aftermath of the Ice Age, which saw the land recolonised by flora and fauna.
- Beavers can rapidly colonize excellent habitat or recolonize habitat where beavers have been removed.
- It was subsequently recolonized by animals and plants in an evolutionary process that has been watched quite carefully.
- Example sentences
- Participants allow the recolonization of the gray wolf on their private lands and will not use lethal controls on coyotes, wolves and other predators.
- These facts suggest that the availability of nesting sites and food are not limiting factors to raven recolonization of the region.
- Ecological theory predicts that isolated habitat patches will experience greater rates of species loss and lower rates of recolonization compared to less isolated habitats.
Words that rhyme with recolonizedecolonize
Definition of recolonize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.