Definition of recombinant in English:
Relating to or denoting an organism, cell, or genetic material formed by recombination: the DNA of these recombinant viruses revealed no signs of instability
More example sentences
- Backcross males having recombinant X chromosomes were genotyped and scored for fertility.
- DNAs were isolated from individuals that were homozygous for recombinant haplotypes.
- The proportion of recombinant plasmids in each sample was then estimated by comparing the two numbers.
nounBack to top
A recombinant organism, cell, or piece of genetic material.
- These basidiospores are recombinants containing genetic material from both mating partners.
- First, we scanned each individual chromosome for double recombinants.
- All genotypes were checked for Mendelian inheritance and double recombinants.
Words that rhyme with recombinantcontaminant
Definition of recombinant in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan