- Relating to or denoting an organism, cell, or genetic material formed by recombination: the DNA of these recombinant viruses revealed no signs of instabilityMore example sentences
- Backcross males having recombinant X chromosomes were genotyped and scored for fertility.
- DNAs were isolated from individuals that were homozygous for recombinant haplotypes.
- The proportion of recombinant plasmids in each sample was then estimated by comparing the two numbers.
nounBack to top
- A recombinant organism, cell, or piece of genetic material.More example sentences
- These basidiospores are recombinants containing genetic material from both mating partners.
- First, we scanned each individual chromosome for double recombinants.
- All genotypes were checked for Mendelian inheritance and double recombinants.
More definitions of recombinantDefinition of recombinant in:
- The US English dictionary