Definition of recursion in English:
noun[mass noun] Mathematics & Linguistics
1The repeated application of a recursive procedure or definition.
- Its used in all sorts of things in calculus where recursion is necessary, like differential equations.
- The choice should be a function of the background of the audience, and especially their understanding of some basic concepts like iteration and recursion.
- Another component is a more mathematical concept called recursion and the ability to imbed structures within structures.
1.1 [count noun] A recursive definition.
- Because the central linear recursions are defined over the effectively infinite-dimensioned state space of history, importance sampling is used to approximate the underlying Markov chain.
- We can now use Table 1 to derive the following recursions for the allele frequencies.
- The above recursions are numerically stable and very fast.
Definition of recursion in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan