Any of a number of coniferous trees which yield reddish timber, in particular:
- ● A North American pine (Pinus resinosa, family Pinaceae). ● NZ another term for rimu
More example sentences
- The forests include such conifers as red spruce, black spruce, white spruce, balsam fir, red pine, jack pine, eastern white pine, tamarack, eastern white cedar, and eastern hemlock.
- Common upland tree species were white pine, red pine, hemlock, sugar maple, and yellow birch.
- The nursery grows mainly white spruce, black spruce, Norway spruce, jack pine, red pine, eastern white pine, Scots pine and smaller amounts of various other species.
Definition of red pine in:
- The US English dictionary