- 1The emblem of Lancashire or the Lancastrians.More example sentences
- The red rose of Lancashire has faded to the white rose of Yorkshire on the sign on the southbound carriageway on the Cumbria Lancs border.
- After the Wars Of The Roses in 1455, Yorkshire changed its rose to white and stood it on its point therefore forming a ‘Y’ as opposed to the red rose of Lancashire.
- The troops named the baby Rose after the red rose of the Lancashire regiment.
- 2The symbol of the British Labour Party.More example sentences
- Thus the adoption by the Labour Party of the red rose would not fall foul of this section.
- The handsome dust jacket depicts a red rose in full bloom, symbol of the British Labour Party, superimposed on the clock face of Big Ben.
- For the rest of the visit, the Duke unwittingly wore the Labour red rose!