Definition of redact in English:
1Edit (text) for publication: a confidential memo which has been redacted from 25 pages to just one paragraph
More example sentences
- I have to redact documents on a regular basis.
- In essence, I begin the editing process - redacting the data, picking useful bits - while taking handwritten notes.
- Of these twenty-seven pages, all but one and a half have been redacted.
mid 19th century: back-formation from redaction.
- Example sentences
- An important question to ask in closing will be whether our redactor is merely an editor or also plays the role of author through his redactional activity.
- The problem is not that he has abridged the Bible - the very creation of Scripture required the editorial judgment of its redactors - but that he has attenuated it.
- The final redactors of the text clearly did not consider it their business to edit such things out - or even to correct what appear to be outright grammatical errors.
Words that rhyme with redactabreact, abstract, act, attract, bract, compact, contract, counteract, diffract, enact, exact, extract, fact, humpbacked, hunchbacked, impact, interact, matter-of-fact, pact, protract, refract, retroact, subcontract, subtract, tact, tract, transact, unbacked, underact, untracked
Definition of redact in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan