1A red earthworm used in composting kitchen waste and as fishing bait.
- Lumbricus rubellus, family Lumbricidae
More example sentences
- The classic grayling bait is a small redworm: grayling just love them.
- The closest you can get to fishing with a natural bait for these timid tench is with the humble maggot and redworm.
- Three-inch, dark red-maroon redworms have yellowish undersides and work their way through the top 6-12 inches of soil horizontally.
Definition of redworm in:
- The US English dictionary