A substance used for refrigeration.
- In addition to controlling pressure, fluid-control valves regulate the rate the flow of fluid i.e. how brake fluid, transmission oil, refrigerants and other fluids are used in the car.
- In the last half of the twentieth century, the manufacture of chlorofluorocarbons for use as propellants in aerosol sprays and refrigerants has resulted in a slow mixing of these compounds with the stratosphere.
- However, he points out that halogen oxidants also form during the sunlight-triggered breakdown of industrial chemicals such as chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants.
Causing cooling or refrigeration: one of the refrigerant pipes had burst
More example sentences
- The cooler includes a variable displacement compressor for compressing refrigerant gas.
- Liver damage found in nine workers is believed to be caused by a leaking refrigerant pipe in the workers' cabin.
- The heat pump uses similar technology to a domestic fridge - the expansion and contraction of refrigerant gases to produce much more heat using less electricity.
Words that rhyme with refrigerantbelligerent
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: re|friger|ant
Definition of refrigerant in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.