Definition of regeneration in English:
1The action or process of regenerating or being regenerated: the regeneration of inner cities
More example sentences
- These changes will continue the process of renewal and regeneration.
- This notion of a dual process of destruction and regeneration was challenged by Edward Said in his Orientalism, the first edition of which came out in 1978.
- On the credit side Russia has been brought back into the fold of the international community and in the Balkans the process of resettlement and regeneration goes on apace.
1.1The formation of new animal or plant tissue.
- These receptors are involved in the regulation of metabolism, embryogenesis, tissue regeneration, and cell proliferation.
- Niacinamide inhibits free radical formation and facilitates beta-cell regeneration in vivo and in vitro.
- The research team reckons the discovery will have implications for work on stems cells, tissue regeneration, elderly care and spinal cord injuries.
1.2 Electronics Positive feedback.
- Challenges to the new technology are in the areas of data monitoring, grooming, and regeneration for improved signal to noise.
- If the optical signal is weak, the OEO system allows selective regeneration of the signal.
- Corvis has created a system that shoots photons long distances without any electronic regeneration.
1.3 Chemistry The action or process of regenerating polymer fibres.
- In a recently published paper it was proposed that nitric or phosphoric acid be used for the cation resin regeneration and ammonia or potassium carbonate or hydroxide for the anion resin.
- Reductive regeneration of the oxidized catalytic thiol depends on glutathione, thioredoxin, glutaredoxin, cyclophilin, and tryparedoxin.
- Some of the diesel fuel is reformulated into hydrogen and carbon monoxide for superior regeneration.
Definition of regeneration in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan