- 1The action or process of regenerating or being regenerated: the regeneration of inner citiesMore example sentences
- These changes will continue the process of renewal and regeneration.
- This notion of a dual process of destruction and regeneration was challenged by Edward Said in his Orientalism, the first edition of which came out in 1978.
- On the credit side Russia has been brought back into the fold of the international community and in the Balkans the process of resettlement and regeneration goes on apace.
- 1.1The formation of new animal or plant tissue.More example sentences
- These receptors are involved in the regulation of metabolism, embryogenesis, tissue regeneration, and cell proliferation.
- Niacinamide inhibits free radical formation and facilitates beta-cell regeneration in vivo and in vitro.
- The research team reckons the discovery will have implications for work on stems cells, tissue regeneration, elderly care and spinal cord injuries.
- 1.2 Electronics Positive feedback.More example sentences
- Challenges to the new technology are in the areas of data monitoring, grooming, and regeneration for improved signal to noise.
- If the optical signal is weak, the OEO system allows selective regeneration of the signal.
- Corvis has created a system that shoots photons long distances without any electronic regeneration.
- 1.3 Chemistry The action or process of regenerating polymer fibres.More example sentences
- In a recently published paper it was proposed that nitric or phosphoric acid be used for the cation resin regeneration and ammonia or potassium carbonate or hydroxide for the anion resin.
- Reductive regeneration of the oxidized catalytic thiol depends on glutathione, thioredoxin, glutaredoxin, cyclophilin, and tryparedoxin.
- Some of the diesel fuel is reformulated into hydrogen and carbon monoxide for superior regeneration.
Middle English: from Latin regeneratio(n-), from regenerare 'create again' (see regenerate).
More definitions of regenerationDefinition of regeneration in:
- The US English dictionary