Place (something) back into its previous position: she reinserted the card into its place in her file
More example sentences
- I assumed the problem was a bad card, particularly after I reinserted my old video card and it was fine.
- Then something like a receipt or a statement came out of the machine and she took ages reading it before reinserting her card and doing the same again.
- One scene Jason repeatedly mentioned was that when abdominal fluid was being taken from his mother-in-law, the needle fell out of her abdomen onto the bed, and the doctor just reinserted it without taking any disinfection measures.
- Example sentences
- The first days of incarceration should be the first days of rehabilitation and social reinsertion, but the system doesn't have enough money to take such serious measures.
- Subsequent reinsertions may be accomplished the same way or by following procedure for insertion of nasogastric tubes.
- Of course, tools for removal and reinsertion of jewelry will be necessary.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: re|insert
Definition of reinsert in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.