- A mushroom with a shiny cap which typically grows on dead or dying timber, found in Asia and North America. Preparations made from it are credited with various stimulant and health-giving properties.
More example sentences
- Ganoderma lucidum, family Ganodermaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- In clinical studies, maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms have demonstrated anticancer activities.
- Boil 2-18 gm of chopped or powdered reishi mushroom in a quart of water.
- Shiitake and reishi mushrooms, both used and studied in China, knock cholesterol levels almost in half.