- 1Unceasingly intense: the relentless heat of the desertMore example sentences
persistent, continuing, constant, continual, continuous, non-stop, lasting, never-ending, steady, uninterrupted, unabated, unabating, unbroken, interminable, incessant, unstoppable, unceasing, endless, unending, perpetual, unremitting, unrelenting, unrelieved, sustained; unfaltering, unflagging, untiring, unwavering, unswerving, undeviating, persevering, determined, resolute, purposeful, dogged, single-minded, tireless, indefatigable, patient, diligent, assiduous, sedulous, tenacious, pertinacious, insistent, importunate; stubborn, intransigent, obstinate, obdurate
- More in the crowd ask for food and water as the sun continues to cover the area with relentless heat.
- Success follows relentless pursuit of something you absolutely believe in.
- So he searched, and sought shelter from this relentless heat, bearing in mind the past.
- 1.1Harsh or inflexible: a patient but relentless taskmasterMore example sentences
harsh, grim, fierce, cruel, severe, strict, punishing, remorseless, merciless, pitiless, ruthless, unmerciful, unsparing, heartless, hard-hearted, hard, stony-hearted, stony, with a heart of stone, cold-blooded, cold-hearted, unforgiving, unfeeling, uncaring, unsympathetic, uncharitable, lacking compassion, unpitying; inflexible, unbending, uncompromising, obdurate, unyielding, unmoved, inexorable, implacable
- Instead he plays figurehead to perfection, based on a huge, relentless and ruthless spin team.
- But he's ruthless and relentless, and you always think that there might be a point in a Hollywood movie that he will draw back.
- He was relentless, some said ruthless, and it made him one of the toughest prosecutors in the state.
- More example sentences
- He continued to move relentlessly, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Flynn was even there.
- Claire continued to relentlessly spike the ball over on the other side of the court.
- Of course, the bell is rung relentlessly all day, its constant chimes echoing faintly over the lake.
- More example sentences
- And since ‘regimes’ have more power and relentlessness than a typical person ever does, the response is always likely to be out of proportion to the alleged offence, even if the offence was real.
- At the very end, one's answers to the questions the world has posed with such relentlessness are to be found in the facts of one's life.
- It is the relentlessness and the variety of the procedures available that helps the current preoccupation with beauty - both male and female - to proliferate.