Definition of relieved in English:
No longer feeling distressed or anxious; reassured: relieved parents who had waited anxiously for news
More example sentences
- Are you relieved to know that she's not dying or very ill?
- More than 30 were relieved to discover they were staying at the school.
- However, I also felt relieved that he wasn't here to complicate things.
- Example sentences
- I nodded and he relievedly ran off.
- As they roared down the grade leading to the river crossing, Toby sighed relievedly.
- She looked up at him, then smiled and laughed relievedly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan