No longer feeling distressed or anxious; reassured: relieved parents who had waited anxiously for news
More example sentences
- Are you relieved to know that she's not dying or very ill?
- More than 30 were relieved to discover they were staying at the school.
- However, I also felt relieved that he wasn't here to complicate things.
glad, thankful, grateful, pleased, happy;
put at one's ease, easy/easier in one's mind, comforted, cheered, reassured
- Example sentences
- I nodded and he relievedly ran off.
- As they roared down the grade leading to the river crossing, Toby sighed relievedly.
- She looked up at him, then smiled and laughed relievedly.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: re|lieved
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.