Definition of religionism in English:
Excessive religious zeal.
- It promotes law and order, ideas of nationalism, religionism, and authority.
- The question is - and this gets to an area of religion, and I'm not much for single-issue religionism, or that sort of thing, or the kind of stuff we have too much of in the United States.
- This commitment to radical religionism leads to terrible public policy.
- Example sentences
- The fact is, not only atheists, but even religionists have almost universally accepted socialism and interventionism.
- Politicians historically have tried to use religion, and religionists have tried to use politics.
- This is rather too difficult for most religionists, who are convinced of the power of prayer.
Definition of religionism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia