Definition of remediation in English:
1The action of remedying something, in particular of reversing or stopping environmental damage.
- When they would be filling in their tax forms, they would know, just as we do with medical matters, they are specifically committing to environmental remediation and protection.
- The zinc smelting plant was shut down by the EPA for environmental violations, and residents report remediation has still not been completed on the heaps of slag that sit next to the town.
- If the leak has caused substantial water damage or mold you will want to hire a contractor who specializes in mold remediation and water damage repairs.
1.1The giving of remedial teaching or therapy.
- Additionally, nursing students are receiving remediation in specific nursing content and toward the development of critical thinking skills for nursing.
- Some schools have structured programs that require several hours of individual remediation and practice to address deficiencies.
- This course focuses on testing strategies, remediation, practice testing, building confidence, individual and group strategies, and community building.
- Example sentences
- The cost of conserving and remediating the undeveloped section of Callan Park would about $30 - $40 million, he said.
- A thorough and detailed site investigation has been undertaken over several months and the site will be remediated before construction of the new retail units commences.
- So we found a phonetic program, phonographic, it is called, that we could use in the classrooms to remediate the students so they could begin to read the textbooks all across the curriculum.
Definition of remediation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.