Restore the depleted mineral content of (a part of the body, especially the bones or teeth): women are often given oestrogen to see whether that will help remineralize the bones
More example sentences
- Parotid glands, which are opposite the front lower molars, nearly parallel to the ear lobes, secrete a thin, watery substance that is rich in antibacterial proteins and compounds that help remineralize the teeth.
- Saliva contains natural substances like organic molecules and electrolyte which act as most effective natural agents to neutralise plaque acids and remineralise the tooth enamel.
- Around the age of 30, a second phase called re-modelling begins in which old bone is dissolved by the osteoclast cells and new bone becomes deposited (remineralised) by the other, related, class of cells called osteoblasts.
- Example sentences
- Fluorides protect against caries by inhibiting mineral loss, promoting remineralisation of decalcified enamel, and reducing formation of plaque acids.
- It accumulates in plaque, where it decreases microbial acid production and enhances enamel remineralization.
- Silicaceous rock powders are believed by many farmers to mimic the remineralization that occurs when glaciers descend from the north, grinding rocks into a fine powder that supplies trace minerals.
Definition of remineralize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.