Definition of remineralize in English:
Restore the depleted mineral content of (a part of the body, especially the bones or teeth): women are often given oestrogen to see whether that will help remineralize the bones
More example sentences
- Parotid glands, which are opposite the front lower molars, nearly parallel to the ear lobes, secrete a thin, watery substance that is rich in antibacterial proteins and compounds that help remineralize the teeth.
- Saliva contains natural substances like organic molecules and electrolyte which act as most effective natural agents to neutralise plaque acids and remineralise the tooth enamel.
- Around the age of 30, a second phase called re-modelling begins in which old bone is dissolved by the osteoclast cells and new bone becomes deposited (remineralised) by the other, related, class of cells called osteoblasts.
- Example sentences
- Fluorides protect against caries by inhibiting mineral loss, promoting remineralisation of decalcified enamel, and reducing formation of plaque acids.
- It accumulates in plaque, where it decreases microbial acid production and enhances enamel remineralization.
- Silicaceous rock powders are believed by many farmers to mimic the remineralization that occurs when glaciers descend from the north, grinding rocks into a fine powder that supplies trace minerals.
Definition of remineralize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia