noun (plural same or rengas)
- A Japanese poem in the form of a tanka (or series of tanka), with the first three lines composed by one person and the second two by another.More example sentences
- On Thursday, National Poetry Day, he is to be presented with a renga - a serial poem - composed by children and poets en route from Edinburgh to Glasgow.
- Rewriting of canonical pieces, the development of sequences and rengas, a short verse play collaboration, as well as the workshopping of individual poems, will be the main elements of the course.
- At the age of thirteen, Zeami first met Nijo Yoshimoto, once regent of the Northern Court and leader of the Nijo school of court poetry as well as a practitioner of renga (linked verse, then coming into wide popularity).
Japanese, from ren 'linking' + ga (from ka 'poetry').
More definitions of rengaDefinition of renga in:
- The US English dictionary