Definition of reorient in English:
1Change the focus or direction of: the country began reorienting its economic and social policies in 1988
More example sentences
- The lack of opposition to the establishment of sea control has permitted the few large and powerful navies to reorient their focuses in a landward direction.
- Theoretically, this angle can lengthen a contracted scar by about 75 percent and reorient the direction of the central wound by 90 degrees.
- Changes in training have to be made to reorient the focus of both disciplines.
- Example sentences
- In its remodelled form it was reorientated round a central peristyle garden.
- During the Second World War the statue was removed for safe keeping, but on its return the bow was fixed pointing to the south, and then again wrongly reorientated after the road junction was upgraded in the 1990s.
- Those security institutions that have been set up under the US led occupation will also have to be disbanded or reorientated to support an independent Iraqi government.
- Example sentences
- Young film-makers responded to this with a decision to make films about Switzerland in Switzerland, thus defining New Swiss Film as a conscious attempt at correction of Americanization and reorientation towards national culture.
- It also drove the reconstruction and reorientation of Western Europe, which formed a reliable - and reliably democratic - ally for the United States during and after the Cold War.
- Not only did it involve a team of publishers and over 140 contributors eventually producing no less than 35 folio volumes; it aimed at nothing less than the wholesale reshaping and reorientation of human knowledge.
Pronunciation: /riːˈɔːrɪənteɪt/ /riːˈɒrɪənteɪt/verb
Pronunciation: /riːɔːrɪənˈteɪʃ(ə)n/ /riːɒrɪənˈteɪʃ(ə)n/noun
Definition of reorient in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan