Definition of replicator in English:
1A thing which replicates or copies something.
- They are faced with genuine hardships and dangers, with no ‘magical’ super-technology like transporters or replicators or holodecks or warp drives to save them.
- The transporters and replicators begin turning the ship into an ancient alien temple.
- Each layer is molded in one substrate, the two are joined using an optically transparent bonding layer and the replicators print the discs in the conventional way.
1.1 Biology A structural gene at which replication of a specific replicon is believed to be initiated.
- The shaky claim that DNA is a replicator ignores the endless subtle variation by means of which nature passes life on from one generation to the next.
- Like a gene, a meme is therefore a replicator, propagating itself across populations through ‘a process which, in the broad sense, can be called imitation.’
Definition of replicator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan