verb[with object] (often as noun rerating)
- Rate or assess (something, especially shares or a company) again: announcement of the wide-ranging alliance saw a sharp rerating of the firm’s sharesMore example sentences
- If the product fails to meet the manufacturers certified published performance rating, either the product has to be rerated, or the company has to cease its production.
- It could not get an investment grade but it has been a big success story and bond investors did very well after it was taken over and rerated.
- Since quoted housing companies are languishing at derisory price - earnings ratios on the stockmarket, the Group seems poised to seize its chance later this year before the old economy stocks get rerated.
More definitions of rerateDefinition of rerate in:
- The US English dictionary