- 1(In the US) a regional bank operating under and implementing the policies of the Federal Reserve.More example sentences
- United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues.
- The former chairman of the American federal reserve bank is leading an inquiry for the UN but he will not be saying anything until January at the earliest.
- The depredations and the iniquities of the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal reserve banks acting together have cost this country enough money to pay the national debt several times over.
- 2Australian /NZ & South African A central bank.More example sentences
- Yet the Herald reported that the reserve bank is lifting the official cash rate 0.25% to curb inflation.
- Analysts say that should keep inflation within the reserve bank's target of 2 to 3 per cent.
- With recent statistics pointing to uncertainty on the domestic front and the G8 leaders casting doubt on the global front, the next few months will require a careful balancing act by the reserve bank.
More definitions of reserve bankDefinition of reserve bank in:
- The US English dictionary