Definition of resettle in English:
Settle or cause to settle in a different place: [with object]: they offered to resettle 300,000 refugees [no object]: 144,000 East Germans had resettled in West Germany
More example sentences
- The two women were waiting to be resettled in a third country as they were considered to be in danger.
- Today, such a claim would be considered frivolous under the Firm Resettlement Law, which renders claims of asylum irrelevant for aliens who resettle in a third country.
- Since August 1999, it has assisted 429 women and girls, repatriating most and helping one to resettle in a third country.
- Example sentences
- The post-war resettlements involved the biggest exercise in reshaping European political geography ever undertaken.
- What plans does the Government have to improve reintegration and resettlement of prisoners once they are released?
- Based upon this criterion, the rate of resettlement is just 5 percent.
Definition of resettle in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia