- 1A boarding school.More example sentences
- The cabbies believe the change from residential schools to day schools for disabled children has made scheduling more difficult with stricter times on when kids can be collected and dropped off.
- The goodwill visit started with a tour of the ship by 30 students and staff from the Twin City Special School, a residential school for the handicapped which struggles for funds.
- Most residential schools maintained several Deaf teachers on staff, even during 1920s and early 1930s, the height of oral programs.
- 1.1(In Canada) a government-supported boarding school for children from American Indian and Inuit communities.More example sentences
- The Anglican Church administered 26 government residential schools for indigenous children in various parts of Canada from 1820 until 1969.
- About 350 lawsuits have been filed claiming cultural, physical and sexual abuse at Canada's 100 now-defunct residential schools.
- With this latest court decision, a total of eight former students have now successfully sued the Anglican Church and the federal government, which financed Canada's more than 100 native residential schools.