Admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering: he was resolute in his fight to uphold liberal values
More example sentences
- Throughout she remained resolute in her determination to find the information she sought.
- I was just as resolute in my determination to spend Christmas with my fiancée.
- It is important to be firm, resolute and committed to get through the first stage.
determined, purposeful, purposive, resolved, decided, adamant, single-minded, firm, unswerving, unwavering, undaunted, fixed, set, intent, insistent;
steadfast, staunch, stalwart, earnest, manful, deliberate, unfaltering, unhesitating, unflinching, persevering, persistent, pertinacious, indefatigable, tenacious, bulldog, strong-minded, strong-willed, unshakeable, unshaken, steely, four-square, dedicated, committed, constant;
stubborn, dogged, obstinate, obdurate, inflexible, relentless, intransigent, implacable, unyielding, unbending, immovable, unrelenting;
spirited, brave, bold, courageous, plucky, stout, stout-hearted, mettlesome, indomitable, strenuous, vigorous, gritty, stiff;
North American rock-ribbed
informal gutsy, spunky
rare perseverant, indurate
- Example sentences
- This appropriate way involves a special moment of decisive action that involves resoluteness.
- In addition to resolve we have resoluteness and strength.
- The objective is to demonstrate our resoluteness in eradicating terrorism.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'paid', describing a rent): from Latin resolutus 'loosened, released, paid', past participle of resolvere (see resolve).
Words that rhyme with resoluteirresolute
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.