adjective[predic., with infinitive]
- Firmly determined to do something: Constance was resolved not to cryMore example sentences
- With the New Year approaching, Daphne's resolved to make everything all right again.
- Nursing must act now in a unified voice with a resolved spirit to determine its own destiny.
- Whatever it takes, whatever it costs, this patient, this resolved nation will win the first war of the 21st century.
- More example sentences
- And as this second series unfurls, things seem pretty much business as usual; the chatty and informal style, the resolvedly non - empirical preparation, the endless licking of spoons.
- An aroused Norman nervously replaces the picture, glances up to the house (in profile) with his jaw slightly twitching, and then resolvedly walks out.
- But the need is soon felt for a new art form, reflecting a resolvedly modernist society.