- 1A device which measures the rate of consumption of oxygen by a living organism.More example sentences
- The inability of ARPE-Rho 0 cells to respire was confirmed by oxygen consumption analysis in a respirometer.
- We used an open-circuit respirometer to determine resting metabolic rates of 17 wintering dunlins captured on Tomales Bay.
- Four respirometer chambers were run in parallel, interfaced with a computer for data acquisition and analysis.
- 1.1 Medicine An instrument for measuring the air capacity of the lungs.More example sentences
- Other instruments developed from this time also included the Wright respirometer, still in use in anaesthetics.
- Exhaled volumes were measured at the y connector using a respirometer, with an accuracy of [+ or -] 2% at a continuous flow of 16 L / min, and [+ or -] 5 to 10% at 60 L / min.
- Between uses on different patients, portable respirometers and ventilator thermometers should be sterilized or subjected to high-level disinfection.
More definitions of respirometerDefinition of respirometer in:
- The US English dictionary