Definition of response time in English:
1The length of time taken for a person or system to react to a given stimulus or event: twenty-four-hour response time on all customer enquiries
More example sentences
- The new report suggests that the response time to any fires in homes, or to any life-threatening incident, should be seven minutes wherever it happens.
- As our moderators are volunteers, however, we cannot guarantee a response time.
- The response time could be quite a lot less for someone who is already in the village.
1.1 Electronics The time taken for a circuit or measuring device, when subjected to a change in input signal, to change its state by a specified fraction of its total response to that change.
- Photodiodes have a fast response time, allowing them to measure pulse shape.
- The response time of IR antenna-coupled tunnel diodes can be in the picosecond range.
- I measured the response time at these settings since the image is downright unusable at the maximum matrix brightness.
Definition of response time in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan